The Clawford Site Map
Clawford is set in a private 78 acre estate with orchards, woods, pasture and over 40 acres of fishing lakes.
Residents can fish all lakes.
Fishing is free for residents.
An on-site bait shop which stocks an excellent variety of bait and some items of tackle.
Clawford Rules & Code of Conduct.
1. Anglers shall familiarize themselves with the ‘Clawford Rules and Code of Conduct’ BEFORE fishing.
2. Angler’s must provide tackle, which is ‘fit for purpose’ on the lake they have chosen to fish.
3. You may start fishing at 12.00 hours the day of your arrival & up to 12.00 hours the day of departure.
4. Driving to the lakes or parking around the lakes is strictly not permitted.
5. Night fishing on the lakes in front of the Visitors Complex is not allowed.
(Fishing is from Dawn to Dusk).
6. DO NOT!! bring any fishing tackle or bait of any kind into the accommodation.
7. Rods are not transferable.
8. NEVER leave your rods in the lake unattended at any time.
(It is against the law & you will be prosecuted if the Authorities catch you).
9. Tents/Bivvies or any structure that looks like a bivvy is only allowed in designated areas.
(If we can see your tent from the visitor’s centre you are not in a designated area).
10. Do not take tins or glass jars/bottles to the lakeside.
(Empty the contents into a bait box & leave the tins in the bins provided).
11. Fishing more than one lake at a time is not allowed.
12. Fishing off bridges is not allowed.
13. Litter of any kind will not be tolerated. This includes cigarette ends and match sticks!
14. All minors shall vacate the visitor’s centre (Bar, Restaurant, Lounge & Games Room) by
21.00 hours every night. Do NOT wait to be told or ask for special dispensation!!!!
Rod, Line, hook limit sizes and Night Fishing.
Minimum Line Limit
Minimum Hook size
Pole Fishing Lake
|Item.||Lake.||Minimum Line Limit||Minimum Hook size||Night Fishing||Pole Fishing Lake|
|a).||Wanda’s Lake.||6 lbs.||12||NO.||YES|
|b).||Gregory’s Lake.||5 lbs.||12||NO.||YES|
|c).||Pinney’s Lake.||5 lbs.||12||YES.||YES|
|d).||Julies Lake.||5 lbs.||12||YES||YES|
|e).||Beginners Carp Lake||5 lbs.||12||NO.||YES|
|f).||Beginners Tench Lake||5 lbs.||12||NO.||YES|
|g)||Kingfisher Lake.||5 lbs.||12||YES.||YES|
|h).||Wanda's Stock Pond.||5 lbs.||12||NO.||YES|
Matches and Keepnets.
1. Keepnets can be used on Rowes Lake, BCL & BTL.
2. However, fish over 4 lbs, shal NOT be kept in a keepnet. Do not put any fish 4lbs or over in a keep net any time of the year.
3. Keepnets may be used on the other 'Pole Fishing' Lakes with prior agreement from Clawford management.
4. Matches, for residents, may take place on the pole fishing lakes with prior agreement from Clawford management.
5. Matches shall require a minimum of two keepnets (1 for Carp and 1 for Silver Fish) with a maximum of fifty pounds per net.
Clawford Code of Conduct.
1. Anti social behaviour / Bad language which causes distress to residents will not be tolerated.
2. We have over 16 lakes to choose from (subject to availability) at Clawford. Do not set up in a swim right next to an angler who is already fishing & encroach on their swim.
3. Do not cast over to the opposite bank on a lake into another anglers swim.
4. Bank-side noise must be kept to a minimum.
5. Do not bivvy up in a swim and then go sightseeing or shopping.
6. Do not bivvy up in a swim and go fishing on another lake.
7. Each angler is only allowed a maximum of 72 hours in one swim.
8. Baiting up is only allowed in the swim you are fishing.
9. Bait Boats are BANNED.
10. Stalking is not allowed on a lake if there is another angler fishing that lake.
1. As a minimum requirement, each angler must have a suitable Landing Net, forceps disgorger and an Unhooking Mat. All anglers are required to have a bottle of ‘Kryston’s Klinik’ in their tackle box. (This Rule applies to all anglers, including those stalking to.)
2. All landing nets shall be a carp friendly construction with a minimum diameter of 24”.
3. Live or dead baiting is BANNED. (Use the pre-packed, frozen baits from the Clawford Bait shop)
4. Carp Sacks are not allowed.
5. Barbed hooks are BANNED. (A micro barb is a barbed hook! A barbed hook with the barb closed is a barbed hook!).
6. Plastic baits are BANNED. Cat meat is BANNED. Fishing on the top with bread is BANNED.
7. Nuts and Particle baits are BANNED. (With the exception of sweet corn and Pre-cooked Hemp in tins or bottles).
8. Trout pellets are BANNED. (Use the low oil carp pellets).
9. Fixed Leads, shock leaders, double strength line, bent hooks and in-pointing hooks are BANNED.
10. Braided line is BANNED when used as a main line. When used as a hook link, it must be protected by a plastic tube at the hook for a minimum of 6”.
11. Any angler who has fished a water, which is known to be diseased, will declare this to the proprietor in writing at least two days before arriving at Clawford.
13. Remember fishing is free for residents, providing you abide by the Rules & Code of Conduct.
Any one found to be breaking the rules for any reason will not be allowed to fish and the group they are with
will not be allowed to fish.
14. Never remove, transfer or introduce fish to any water/lake without express permission from the Proprietor.
Any person who is found moving fish between lakes will be removed from complex immediately.
Transferring fish between lakes will not be tolerated. Offenders will be prosecuted.
i). If you are caught without a (Carp friendly) landing net and/or an unhooking Mat.
ii). If you are caught using barbed hooks.
iii). If you are caught leaving your rods unattended.
iv). If you are caught using a keep net on any other lake other than the pole fishing Lakes & Rowes’s Lake.
v). Found causing litter.
vi). If you are found bringing your tackle or bait into your accommodation or
leaving your tackle outside the accommodation.
vii). If you are found fishing more than one lake at a time.
viii) If you are found to be using more than two rods.
ix). Found to be using anti social behaviour, using foul language & causing distress to other anglers.
Your privilege to fish the Clawford lakes will be stopped.
Blatant offenders will be told to leave the complex immediately.
There will be no restitution of fees whatsoever and offenders will be black listed.
2. We are licensed to consume beer in the Bar, lounge, restaurant, and beer garden area.
Do not take alcoholic drinks/glasses from the bar to the lakeside for consumption.